2 cups cooked quinoa, cool to room temperature
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/3 cup fresh chives, finely chopped, plus additional chopped chive for garnish
2 large shallots, finely chopped
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup whole wheat or whole grain bread crumbs
1-2 tablespoons of one of our FRESH, robust extra virgin olive oils with a "killer chemical composition", conducive to high heat cooking, used for frying the quinoa patties
6 eggs, poached (one for each patty)
Parmesan cheese, sliced thin
1. In a medium bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, beaten eggs, sea salt, chives, shallot, parmesan, and garlic, mix well.
2. Add the bread crumbs to the mixture and stir until completely combined.
3. Gently form six patties with the quinoa mixture, adding more bread crumbs if necessary.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
5. Add the patties, cover and cook, until lightly browned on one side. (about 5 minutes)
6. Uncover and flip the patties very carefully with a spatula. Cook uncovered on the opposite side for another 5 minutes or so, or until each side has been browned.
7. Add some sliced Parmesan cheese and a poached egg to each patty.
Garnish with sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and chopped chives.
Makes 6 patties